CLICK THE LINK BELOW PAGE FOR CHURCH OPENING INFORMATION
Friends, I hope you have all enjoyed the sing-along songs TVP members have been making.
With Christmas behind us and lockdown not likely to ease
imminently, it's time to try another one. Please feel free to join in, or join again.
This time it's another very simple song (which seem to work best - not surprisingly). Attached are words and music for 'Morning has Broken', as well as instructions for recording yourself. Please give it a shot and send the results to me by Saturday 23 Jan.
If anyone would like to try a particular song, please let me know.
Thank you all,
(email email@example.com if you need help!)
Words (Morning has Broken):
As well as these instructions you should have the words and the backing track.
1. Download the music to your computer.
2. Print the words.
3. Plug in headphones and make sure your computer sound is only audible to you.
4. Start the backing on the music player and pause it at once. (You might prefer to use a separate machine for playing the music.)
5. Start your computer camera. There are lots of apps on every machine to do this, but if you are familiar with Zoom, that’s one of the easiest ways. a) Start a new Zoom meeting (with you the only participant);b) Make the Zoom window small enough that you can see the music player at the same time;c) Select Video-Settings-Recording and choose or just note where recording is going to be stored;d) Click on ‘Record’ button (further recording instructions at para 9).
6. Start camera before music. There’s no rush. I shall cut out anything that is recorded before the music starts, but it is better to have too much than too little.
7. Pause, catch you breath, SMILE!
8. Start the music.
9. Sing – SMILE and try to keep your eyes up!
10. At the end:a) SMILE! b) Let the recording run for a few more seconds before you move (again, there’s no hurry – I’ll trim the end); c) Click on ‘Stop’ and exit Zoom (the recording is not available until you close the meeting); d) Go to the storage place and find the video (probably called something like ‘Zoom_0.mp4’); e) Check the volume level (I can adjust this to some extent); f) Voice and picture are sometimes out of sync – I’ll fix this; g) Send it to me. If it’s too big for e-mail, you could use Dropbox.
Ask for advice.The resulting track will sound embarrassingly reedy and full of errors. I know – I’ve been there! It honestly does not matter. Assembled with the other voices and the backing track it will sound great.
Morning has broken like the first morning,
blackbird has spoken like the first bird.
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning,
praise for them, springing fresh from the Word!
Sweet the rain’s new fall sunlit from heaven,
like the first dewfall on the first grass.
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden,
sprung in completeness where his feet pass.
Mine is the sunlight; mine is the morning,
born of the one light Eden saw play!
Praise with elation, praise every morning,
God’s recreation of the new day!
If you need further help do ring (01875-820843).
Please get your recording to me by Saturday 23 January.
Thank you very much for participating!Robert S
The website is maintained by Sana Forrest. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyne Valley Parish (Church of Scotland) is a Registered Scottish Charity - SC006926
(Tyne Valley Parish consists of Borthwick Cranstoun and Fala )
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder`